Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Rocket Days of Summer..

15x30 oil painting, done for the R.A.Heinlein combo "Green Hills of Earth/Menace from Earth" Here is an example of how I can have a sketchbook drawing and make it work into a nice cover for a classic book. And it just kind of sums up summer's "rocket" days doesn't it?

3 Comments:

Blogger Crotchety Old Fan said...

Hi Bob,

Beautiful. Its got that "science fiction feel" all the way through.

Years ago while in England I was sunning in a sheep pasture (playing hooky) when this ungodly whiney roar began, coming from over the hill behind me.
Turned out that the Royal Airforce was conducting manuevers and the next field over was a dispersal field for harrier jets.
I imagine the sound I heard then is something like what it sounds like down by that stream right now.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

WOW! sounds cool. Closest I had to that was an F-15 buzz some trees I happened to be near, he just came out of that cone of silence and WOOOOSH!!!

Thanks for the kind words

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Landon Winkler said...

Hello my name is Landon Winkler. I need to interview a designer for one of my classes if you could find the time to fill this out and e-mail it back to me I would really appreciate it. Your work is awesome and I would really enjoy being able to do my presentation over you. If you decide to help me out my e-mail is landon.winkler@student.oc.edu .

Interview Questions

1. How did you get started in design/graphic arts?

2. What in your background lead you to this field?

3. Who influenced you?

4. Did you attend a college for design?

i. If so what school did you attend?
ii. Did you go further then an undergrad?
iii. Do you feel that these skills helped you in your caree?

5. What industry market do you live in?

6. What do you think the trends and future of the industry are?

7. What advise would you give someone thinking about trying to become a new designer?

8. What do you think about Computers in the industry?

9. What do you look for in a portfolio?

10. What is the pay?

11. Who are some of your clients?

12. How do you solicit clients?

13. What is the history of your company?

14. What is your average work week like?

i. How many hours in a average work week?
ii. Do you enjoy the work you do?

15. How do you go about balancing work, family, and other obligations?

16. What is your favorite design(s) from your work or others?

17. How do you think and work thought your designs?

18. Did you do an internship? If so did it help you?

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home