Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Thursday, November 13, 2008

More ILLUXCON!

More with the Rayyans and, pals Mike and Beth Zipser

The ultra talented Ruth Sanderson

To my right is frequent blog commenter Annalisa, and Steve Anderson


Jeannie Wilshire and me.

The master of the understated palette, Gary Lippincott
Tommorow pix of the painting jam!! Check back!





4 Comments:

Blogger Annalisa said...

It was so awesome to meet you and Marianne, Bob! I was looking forward to meeting you and it was just as great as I thought it would be--better! I adored seeing your original sketches and paintings. There's something very special (dare I say sacred?) about being in the presence of original artwork.

Not to mention the artists! I'm always pleasantly surprised by how friendly and generous fantasy artists tend to be *cough*in-marked-contrast-to-many-fine-artists-in-art-school*cough*. On Friday night I had a great time playing late-night Scrabble with Ruth Sanderson and two friends from the Illustration Master Class. You should join us at the next IlluXCon! If you like Scrabble, that is. We also had Pictionary, which we played on Saturday night. Michael Whelan stopped by to play a round, which was so awesome.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Annalisa said...

Oh and the friend next to me in the picture of us is Steve Anderson. I got to know him at the Illustration Master Class last June. When I was worrying about what to wear to the con (business casual? artsy? pearls?), he assured me that jeans were just fine, since after all Bob Eggleton wears them! :-)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Annalisa! Hey yeah, I'll be there and thanks for the confidence in my wardrobe! Illuxcon was a blast and very profitable to me as well from a business standpoint.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Annalisa said...

I'm really glad to hear that it was a profitable business venture for you as well as a ton of fun! That's the perfect combination, isn't it? I hope someday I will be representing my artwork at IlluXCon as well. *pauses typing to cross fingers*

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home