Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Thursday, November 27, 2008

It's the Day of The Turkey....

Happy Turkey Day....the day of consuming our favorite avian meal!! The best part was afterward when they showed...movies. No football in our house.

Those were the days... of KING KONG, KING KONG VS GODZILLA and MIGHTY JOE YOUNG in the afternoons on local TV after the Big Meal... and then, on Friday it would be Godzilla Day....ah, that's what DVDs are for. But there was something special about having to catch the film on TV...lest it may be awhile until it airs again!

But for those of you who experienced it and, those of you who didn't, here's a walk down memory lane on this most excellent site: http://www.dvddrive-in.com/holidayfilmfest.htm

In the meantime...

Kind of a slow week and just finished up a new Brian Lumley cover for Subterranean Press which I'll post soon. I am through a majorly busy time and while I've got things to do, I can slow down a bit in the next few weeks. What a year it's been.

It's a nice slow day...and alot warmer!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Belfiore said...

God I remember those. Growing up in northwestern CT, if the weather was clear and if the antenna wasn't iced up, we could rotate it to the southwest and pick up WOR almost clear as day. WTNH in New Haven and WHNB (New Britain's old Channel 30) gave these monster marathons a run as well.

The last monster excitement I remember on a holiday that involved flame and sparks was when my stove blew up and the guests were hours from arriving.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home