Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Sunday, November 23, 2008

"A" is for Actors, Artists, Astronauts and Anime!!!!

Astronaut Story Musgrave and me

Godzilla Final Wars actor Don Frye and me(And Godzilla!)

Just got back from a terrific weekend at The New England Fan Experience(Formerly known as United Fan Con) in Cambridge Mass. What a great time!!! I think what was my personal highlight was re-connecting with old friend Story Musgrave, astronaut of many Shuttle missions. Story is, in short, a genius. And he's a gentle soul of a person, a space man with the heart of a poet. I feel lucky to know such a guy. Also, hooked up and became friends with Andrew Probert, designer extrodinaire of the Enterprise D in STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION and, going all the way back to working on STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE 30 years ago!! He's been a total idol of mine for many years and, here I was talking shop with him. Also saw Mark Goddard, actor from LOST IN SPACE-he's a local to the Massachusetts area. Also on hand was Morena Baccarin from SERENITY and, Peter Davison-the 5th DOCTOR WHO. My Godzilla time was spending good time on stage with actor/kickboxer/fighter Don Frye who played Captain Gordon in the 2004 film GODZILLA FINAL WARS. He's a great guy to just kick back and chat with. He and I both worked on the 2006 film THE ANT BULLY(he did a vocal part) andit could be said we were both in a Toho Godzilla film-me as an extra in 2002 and him as a lead in 2004's entry. He will be in a major new Michael Mann film called PUBLIC ENEMIES with Johnny Depp and, Christian Bale both who he called "Class act guys". We had a great time at a banquet and, in the morning a terrific breakfast(we ate and chatted with Morena Baccarin)All in all a great time, and the planners of this year's NEFE deserve much kudos for putting on a great show! It was a mixed media show, with an "A" list of guests-actors and anime and astronauts and artists. This show was a great capper on a year of running around and what a way to finish it up!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like alot of fun to me!

JR Monks

4:49 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Indeed it was!! Alot of fun.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Barbara. I try to be positive and fun, rather than ranting and spewing venom(as some do sadly!)

Keep checking in, I am not sure where I'm going but it's the journey...

10:48 PM  
Blogger SamuraiX47 said...

I had great time at NEFE too. I was helping out printing photos at the photo sessions during the day and met and talked to a lot of people. It was "AAAA" all the way.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home