Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

GOOD NEWS: THE UNIVERSE IS STILL HERE!

Apparently the Super Collider test was successful and we're all "okay". The "real" thing gets fired up in October apparently. There was alot of consternation and debate as to whether they'd create a black hole that would effectively suck the earth into itself over a period of years, literally a story right out of science fiction. See? We have devices now that are probing the secrets of the universe-we're living science fiction. How cool is that? The device was built on the border of Switzerland and France, largely by a Swiss and International team.

The US was supposed to build one but it was killed due to budget cuts. In a way it's a good thing.
I mean, think of a Swiss Banker or a Swiss Watch? And then, their US versions? Who ya gonna trust? I thought so.

Of course, I know black holes exist right here on earth, I didn't need the above experiment or multi-billion dollar device to convince me. I have one in my studio and I always am losing pencils, brushes and books into it....

In the meantime, I'm off to Cape Cod for a couple of days. They say a black hole, at the event horizon, slows time down. I need to slow time down myself and look at some beaches sans tourists.

5 Comments:

Blogger Neutronman said...

Hi Bob,

Actually, the Earth IS sucking into itself -- its called the 2008 US Presidential Election.

Enjoy your black hole!

10:53 AM  
Blogger leslee said...

Heh. i am john is right.

Did you happen to see the Google art today? Great illustration of the super collider.

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't count your atoms just yet! they haven't collided anything yet. wait till they actually knock a few protons together. than we'll end the universe!! I've sold everything and I'm heading to vegas.........

dave

6:23 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

John-yes, the Destroyer of Worlds...AKA Sarah Palin...

Leslee-yep!

Dave-are you serious about moved to Vegas?

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nooooo vegas! just kidding about that. FIgured if it's the end of the world and I sold everything its a good place to spend(waste) alota dough fast!

From the looks of it we got a better chance of ending the world by going to war with Russia with our future politicians :((((

this election is gettin kinda scary...

dave

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home