Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

On the Road in Malibu...after Worldcon

The Denver World SF Con was a blast. A smaller crowd but it was really easy going and I wasn't exhausted as I normally am. Considering also the "thin" air there. I sold a bunch of paintings(I made the highest sales for the con artshow) and I met a whole bunch of cool people, several of whom are buyers of my work, and these blog paintings. Speaking of, I sold the two below Mars images. Thanks to whoever bought them and only have the dragon left. Congrats go to Hugo winner for Best Pro Artist, Stephan Martineire(who I have known a long time in fact!)-his work is all over the place and, he really deserved it with his revolutionary work done on computer.

This week is teaching an illustrator's workshop in Malibu!! Nice digs here too!!! I managed to do this whole trip as one big "triangle" around the west. I am due to be Artist Guest of Honor at Bubonicon next week and I didn't want to go all the way to Denver from Rhode Island only to come back again the following week the same path and, I'd always wanted to see New Mexico and the dinosaur/volcano and rock formations there, galleries in Santa Fe and such. So we did it all as one big trip.

That's an update, more to come....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home