Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Stan Winston(1946-2008)

STAN WINSTON
I was stunned at the death of Stan Winston. This is the guy who brought dinosaurs to life in JURASSIC PARK. But that was only part of his world. In 1972, I saw a frightening film on TV called GARGOYLES. Little did I know the name but a young Stan Winston created the memorable make-up and suits for that film-this was in the day when "Movies of The Week" could be pretty amazing. Stan brought to life THE TERMINATOR(1984) and re-imagined the alien creatures in ALIENS(1986) and brought to the screen the final version of the monster in PREDATOR(1987). His credits are too numerous to mention only that he was part of our lives in that sense, for a very long time. He died yesterday, at his home, of Multiple Myeloma an illness he battled for 7 years and, did so quietly telling few people apparently. I had just been paging through his book(above) recently, marveling at the creations from his studio. I was completely stunned at this news-too many good people are leaving us it seems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home