Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Monday, May 12, 2008

Volcanoes,Lava,Dragons..oh my!

The Volcano Bridge(8x10,oils, SOLD)
I did this one sort of as an intentional follow up to the last painting I did of volcanoes. I love images like this. Joesph Wright of Derby, an English painter from the 1700's did an incredible painting of Mount Vesuvius erupting. He was a researcher as well as painter which made for some amazing visions. Fredric Edwin Church ventured to South America in his travels to see volcanoes in action and did many sketches and paintings, his most famous was Cotopaxi. My own adventures in vulcanism were running about and flying over some active volcanoes in Hawaii in 1997. It was pretty amazing to feel the heat of the earth beneath your feet and the constant venting of steam and sulfurous materials. It's nature in action and reminds us of the forces constantly present and working for millions of years...

2 Comments:

Blogger Neutronman said...

Ahhh... perhaps a little Rodan inspired?

11:58 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Cooould be! Could be!!

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home