Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

When Dinosaurs Ruled Picture Books...



Just an update on the dinosaur book. Bet you wondered what was going on. Well, it's been a slog to get it done, an art director was canned because of various reasons, and oddly it seems to be going ALOT faster and smoother with this person's departure! Lots of coordinating and logistics to do on it. However, above are some of the results of what we've done. You'll remember the T-Rex from some months ago on it's own. Here it is (top) composited via Photoshop and painted over via Corel painter with a zillion hamburgers. Keep in mind the book is made for 4-8 year olds so some artistic license was involved. Next to the T-Rex is the relative Tarbosaurus, a smaller but equally toothy Tyrannosaur relation. The bottom pic is what happens when kids go hang gliding with a Pteranodon! Originally, there was a hang-glider there and Cortney Skinner simply took it out and, composited in my Pteranodon and adjusted lighting and so on. We're all pretty happy with what we're seeing.
This is what's been taking alot of my time of late instead of smaller paintings. Fear not, I'll still be doing them but in these days, business calls and all things considered, busy is good.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun book for the kids. When will it be out, my 3 year old will flip.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Looks like a SPring 2009 release. The idea is this is something for the kids, which I enjoy doing. Like Robert Rodriguez does something as blood soaked as PLANET TERROR and yet does SPY KIDS so successfully. It's diversifying that, for me, works best...

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Certainly will look forward to it, was hoping it would be ready so you could have some copies at Illuxcon.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Ah, look for the products of ANOTHER book project(major announcement this summer) at Illuxcon...

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, looking forward to meeting you there. The piece that you did for me off of the Feldstein commissions is hanging proudly in my office. Best, Lee

8:34 PM  
Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

Way too cool. Can't wait to see it in print!

3:47 PM  
Blogger leslee said...

Very cool, Bob. Glad to hear that things are proceeding more smoothly now!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Julie-thanks! I'll be sure to tell everyone when it's out.

Leslee-yep, I need things to slow down and be ore organized. The world is going to Hell it seems but if I stay organized, I'm okay, when I start coming apart...yikes...

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home