Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Friday, March 21, 2008

Some Cool News!!!!

Well, it's public-I'm a Hugo Nominee for Best Professional Artist. They will be presented at DENVENTION-The 66th World SF Con in Denver, Colorado this summer. The Hugos are always fun-win or lose- or even presenting them, and, believe me, flattering just to be *thought* of to possibly recieve one. The other nominees are all people I stand in awe of- John Picacio, John Harris(about time!), Shaun Tan, Stephan Martiniere and Phil Foglio. The rules changed slightly for the better, and now the nominee has to have at least 3 published works in some form or another on or in a professional publication in that previous year. I had a bunch over last year, and so for ease of access, you can see them all, here, on a new blogsite created just solely for viewing works without the hassle of sifting through other stuff:

http://bobeggletonart2007.blogspot.com/

11 Comments:

Blogger mordicai said...

hey, congratulations!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thank you my friend!!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thank you my friend!!

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Chris-thanks!!!

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob congrats!! The line up for last year was beautiful!

dave

especially Ivory! :)

7:45 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Dave!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

Oh, that's wonderful. Sure hope you win. Do you have room enough on your mantel?

10:43 PM  
Blogger Lou Anders said...

Big congratulations. And thrilled to see IVORY among the qualifying works!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Lou! IVORY was one of my "picks" for works cited. They needed "three examples" and I felt that one conveyed something the other two did not. And the other two conveyed something that did not. So I had a nice sampler of space, earth and water...

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home