Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ad Astra!

I did this as a small painting, something to take to Lunacon for sales in the "lower" budget arena. Thing is, it'll be part of the Heinlein book I did the other piece for, and, I liked this composition so much, that I want to make it as a large 24x36 inch painting!! Enjoy!
Update: I sold this at Lunacon, but more to come....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doft my hat to you sir, being of such calibre to paint a starfield with a real brush!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

Great colors. Great massive rock which give a wonderful sense of scale.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Ian-thank you so much! Yeah, it's even harder to do these in oils as well!

Julie-thanks, that was the general idea I wanted to get across. Now I want to make it bigger!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Joe Meils said...

Bob, one of these times, when I see you at a con, we need to sit down and talk about rock textures. I just can't get very good results except using a bizzare "scrape away" technique. (Gives a very odd, "Forbidden Planet" feel to them, but i'm having a devil of a time establishing aireal perspective, and variation.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Hi Joe! I'd be thrilled to help out. Painting rocks and stuff is quite easy, on this I used a palette knife more than just a bit..I created-fast-an intersting shape and worked with it!

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home