Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Painting...live in Boston!


Morning Castle(8x10, oils, SOLD!)



Here's some pix of the live painting I did at Boskone 45, in Boston, the local lit n' art SF con. I always like painting live this way. Forces me to think fast and not get too hung up on problems. I had been under the weather with a throat infection that, while not painful, made talking a bit of a problem without sounding pretty terrible. Doing better in that dept now, but I still was able to paint for the crowd, this castle image. I also did a dinosaur, but that will be posted later! Painting live and on the spot, really makes you solve problems fast. This is a GREAT exercise for doing any paintings or concepts you need to get working on quickly.

2 Comments:

Blogger leslee said...

Gads. Lots of people are sick these days. Take care of yourself. Looks like the live painting was fun anyway. We need some warm weather and sunshine to cure us all.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Yeah, it's this throat/larynx thing I can't seem to get rid of. Is fine when I don't talk but after 10 minutes of talking, it really gets me weird sounding. Or maybe it's just puberty. Finally.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home