Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Thursday, February 21, 2008

See you on the dark side of the moon...


Space seems to be making news lately. Not only did the US Navy successfully shoot down-from 130 miles up- the "Death Star" faltering spy satellite...but we had a pretty amazing Lunar eclipse last night! The top photo was shot in Dallas by one of my best pals, John Davis( director-writer-Jimmy Neutron, The Ant Bully, Santa vs The Snowman) and shows in great detail the Lunar eclipse he shot via his telescope. Very cool. And indeed it was cool...freezing in fact around my neck of the woods, so I withstood half an hour in the cold with binoculars to see it.
Below image is the cover to the Subterranean Press' Robert A Heinlein scripts Vol1 book! I did it as a 20x30 inch wrap painting, and sort of "channeled" Mel Hunter, Ed Emshwiller and Chesley Bonestell, via my own touches and came up with this. (By the way, all three artists are quite happy in their studios beyond the blue horizon-they told me to say "Hi!") The book contains the scripts to Project Moonbase and a bunch of other stuff. It'll have an intro by the one and only John Scalzi, and be signed by both of us. I am also doing an RAH portrait for the signing page. Anyway, it's available for pre-order at:http://www.subterraneanpress.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=heinlein&Category_Code=PRE&Product_Count=12

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol Anne said...

It *was* freaking cold that nite, Bob-e! Sarah was here chatting w/ me and whenever we remembered to, we ran out the front door to look at the moon.

John's pic is a nice memento of the event.

BTW I am blogging again, r u going to read me?

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home