Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ahh..the ocean

Roiling Pacific(8x10, oils SOLD) I think I will be on an ocean kick for awhile. I love painting it. Painting water is pretty much alot of fun because it's always like frosting a cake to make the waves work and appear moving, yet in a quick few strokes. This happens to be from around the Monterrey area and of course, the water has a very different color to it than the Atlantic. It's this deep, turquiose blue. Yet, such colors can be pretty invasive when trting to balance them out with others. Still, I like how it turned out. I'm taking some time off(about a week) from the dino book, as Cortney has more work cut out for him than he can do at the moment, so I am turning myself to more small paintings and some cover work that needs to get done.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, the Rex is very cute. Perhaps even a bit, "you're kidding, is that all I'm gunno get to eat?" kind of way.

Ya know, your sketch of the Steg. is so reminiscent of a cat in a 'better make myself BIG' mode. Sometimes the most unrelated pictures give me pause to think about the wonders of evolution... This is why I love visiting this blog, you never know what is coming up next. Thanks for allowing us continued access to your artworks.

Cheers

7:03 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

The Steg is now all colored in and waiting to be scanned for Cortney. he had to have his tail up to "avoid" something the art director wanted in the photo. Also,kids are to be climbing his spikes in a playground...so it has a ways to go to get the right context of the image.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Bierstadt said...

Hi Bob,
I'm an art student at the Maine college of Art.. brought up by magic cards and the like. Your swamps are no doubt the best swamps in the game! I'm working on 5x5 footer marine landscapes right now and I just wanted to say you're a big hero. When I don't wanna drag myself to the studio I just come and look at your site for inspiration. Your landscape work is awesome.
-James Hingston

1:22 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks so much James. Means alot to me!! 5x5 paintings? Wow! Now THAT inspires me to take the large canvases out of ice to start working on them! Thanks for stopping by, your words mean more than anyone could know!

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home