Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Sunday, October 14, 2007

English Landscapes...

English Sky(8x10 oils, SOLD)Parting in the Trees(8x10, oils, SOLD!)
Been busy, hence sporadic posts but, ah, here are two little paintings, just done. Based alot on memories and some pix I took while in the south of England. Constable was sure right about those skies. There is nothing quite like them. These are all from an area near Torquay called Cockington Village. It's a living town but somewhat suspended in time, kind of in a valley-thatched homes, old, ruined buildings, homes people still live in. And a really amazing park and grounds that one could spend days in. More paintings of this area to come....
The top painting features the chimney and chimney pot of a house, against a Constable-like sky. I always describe weather in "artist" terms. The bottom piece shows a curtained effect that many Hudson River Painters did, as did some of the Romantic English ones. Gives one the feeling of being "in" the protection of the trees.
A note-I plan to post paintings as I do them, in groups sometimes. So if you want one, please specify not the post but the particular painting you like and we'll go from there. I will be getting back to more paintings as I get close to Xmas time, as they make great gifts for people(hint).

3 Comments:

Blogger Lou Anders said...

Love English Sky!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Lou. I want to get back to these more, they're really fun and relaxing. Been doing ALOT of work lately including finishing up the art for your SIDEWAYS IN CRIME edited book.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Lou Anders said...

Yes, I can't wait to debut that.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home