Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

JAPAN BLOG: Quick Painting Pix....

Here's the finished painting started by me(mostly the robot head, you can see me starting in the bottom pic) and finished by Whelan. Looks great! I LOVE how Michael put the girl in the glass container into it. What a story! The painting was bought by John Davis as well!! Nice when all your friends are involved.

We were pretty worn out at this point but here's me(left) and Whelan(right) after a long time with messy, paint covered hands and, alot of joy and fun on the canvases.


The convention made sure we were "well serviced" with drinks when we needed, as even with AC the exhibit hall was very humid. I LIKE their idea of "gal-in-maid outfit service" for artists.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and Michael look so happy! The results are incredible considering the pressures to produce on the spot. Well done to all of you!!!!

I've just been painting the Daikaiju 3 book cover and wishing I was there...sigh.

Nick-san

5:55 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

We had a blast and a half. Whelan hadn't done it at a large con before, so it was a first to him and, we wound up sort of convincing Kato to do it. And he NEVER sells his paintings so the one he and I did went for $16,000 to a desperate man. We worked with those water soluable oils because Kato, to my shock, works in Acrylics only.

I REALLY loved our "maid service" for drinks.

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well then...I'm not the only one who never sells his work! Kato really is a Japanese version of me! He certainly creates painterly oil finishes with acrylic. Love his work to bits.

Nick-san

6:39 PM  
Blogger leslee said...

Hi Bob. Happy belated birthday! I'm looking forward to catching up on your Japan photos/posts soon - I've been busy celebrating my own bday. Looks like you guys had fun!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bob!
I am director of the Art Show.
Thank you for coming to Japan.
"gal-in-maid outfit service" is my idea.
It is glad to have liked it.

Ohashi Hiroyuki

9:49 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Ah! Ohashi-san! Thanks so much. I think this was a historic event for Japan, and done only as you do it!!! The "maid" made the day as it were. Thanks for all your time, effort and organizing. I was proud to be part of it!!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home