Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Okay. Let's pause for a painting...and my Birthday!



Okay, a pause from Japan just to show in all my jetlagged week, I still managed to start and finish a cover painting for a new Mike Resnick book called ALTERNATIVE ROOSEVELTS which has ol' Teddy getting himself into all kinds of alternate universe adventures, including with H.G. Well's martians. I posted the sketch some time ago last month and, in oils, I did the finished art, above. I really like doing portraits which is a fact not many people know. I love how this came out, just like the "old photo" feel I wanted. Anyway, more Japan pix to come because I have so much to show.
It's also Sept 13th and my B'day! Kind of a Science Fictional day as well, as in SPACE:1999, the moon is blasted out of earth's orbit on that day...nice to have those sci-fi connections....

11 Comments:

Blogger Chris Jouan said...

Happy Birthday Bob. What a birthday gift that would have been had the moon really blasted out of orbit back in 1999.

Sigh. . . If only there really were Eagles!

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the very best Bob on your birthday. From Geordie and Marianne in Coquitlam, B.C., Canada

9:38 AM  
Blogger mordicai said...

Happy birthday, Bob. I've got to say, this picture is a humdinger. Kudos on you.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks all, so much! This was alot of fun to do. Re-invigorated my interest in portraits! ANd what a subject! Thanks on the B Day well wishes...makes the day that much more special!!!!!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Irene Gallo said...

happy b day!

And niiice portrait!!!!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Roger said...

HAPPY BIRFDAY!

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

--Ian & Kit

2:46 PM  
Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

Happy birthday. Man oh man is your Roosevelt good! What an expression!

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, I didn't know you were in Japan!
Ellie

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a Birthday spending it with GODZILLA!!!!!!!
Hugs
Jessie

8:48 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks all!! I try to remind myself that 47 is not too bad...

Yeah, I really liked doing this portrait and I should do more...

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home