Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

JAPAN BLOG: Godzilla vs Kurosawa and they both Kill Bill...

Okay, this is the new facade for Toho Studios. A bronze Godzilla part of a sculpture. I have 2,789 Godzillas in my home. I had to leave this one behind.

A huge,60 ft mural for the entry way to Toho. This is a painting of a scene from THE SEVEN SAMURAI, filmed at Toho by Kurosawa many years ago.


John A Davis, director of THE ANT BULLY and JIMMY NEUTRON with me, and we're having a fanboy moment conferring with Yohei Taneda, the production designer of Toho's new production, MAGIC HOUR. He was also the prod designer for the Japanese segment of KILL BILL VOLUME 1, one of my very favorite films. How cool is that?

Two cool dudes, a giant monster in the 95 F heat. John A Davis(right,me left, and Godzilla, center. He actually looks like he's standing there. Don't you love the tail ripping the cement?

With monster suit maker Shinichi Wakasa, John A. Davis, myself and our wives, families and friends got a very special tour of Toho Studios(that does not do "tours") to see what was going on and their new facilities, by Toho President Shogo Tomiyama. Pretty cool. Some business was even discussed with Tomiyama but more on that as it develops. More pix of the art painting demo later, just an interlude to show you other stuff we did!!!

(Godzilla-image and sculpture-is copyright Toho Studios Ltd. The painting from Seven Samurai is copyright Toho Studios Ltd)





2 Comments:

Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

I LOVE the wall being ripped open by the tail!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi my name is Davis i really like your work is cool being a monster designer. I myself am studying Computer animation but i am really good in story board also creating unique monsters i was wondering if there is any way to contact you cause your a very cool dude u know Toho studios is a place i would love to work at here is my msn: darkstorm_davis@hotmail.com

myspace url: www.myspace.com/goth_apex

hope to know from you soon ;) take care byebye

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home