Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Friday, August 17, 2007

Sketchy musings....

Alternative Roosevelts(charcoal)Memorare(charcoal)
A couple of in-progress works, both covers. Top is for a Mike Resnick collection, and this particular one shows Teddy Roosevelt with an H.G. Wells martian. The idea is to do it much as an old portrait kind of thing.The bottom is for a new publisher and a Gene Wolfe book that deals with huge tombs in space, around Jupiter, made from asteroids. The idea was to convey a sense of mystery and not give too much away.
I did both these sketches in coffee shops. A nice free-flow way of working than in the studio. The ideas seem to come forth better in a public area...
enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

Love your coffee shop idea. You never know what new customers may find you there.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home