Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Monday, June 04, 2007

Quick bits of news....

Apparently, I'm going to China. More on that as it develops...

There's a FUN interview with me at SFRevu:

http://sfrevu.com:80/

Just look at the "Interviews/Reviews" section on the front page and click.
Has a nice spread of work and kudos go to Gayle Surrette for asking some good questions!

I have a "How to" in the June issue (#18) of IMAGINE FX, I talk about paintings a day and, how to make a dragon look good. IFX is a British mag that is available at most Barnes and Nobles and Borders, roughly a month later from the original UK publication date, in the US. Fun magazine and great editorial staff.

Just finished some chapter headers and vignettes for a great book by Alan Campbell called LYE STREET. It has a cover by Dave McKean, and will be published by Subterranean Press. Nice to work on something "with" Dave as it were.

Working on more sketches and concepts for upcoming projects. More paintings, soon!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to need to add more pages to your passport!

1:07 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Wrong! I had to get a NEW passport Elka! Ran out of pages a long time ago. It was actually in need of renewal...thanks for stopping in!!!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

Needs someone to carry your bags in China?

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CHINA!! WOO HOO!

Coming back to Australia any time soon?

Wonder what the landscapes look like out there? China always suggests a vsion of lotsa people on bikes....

Annie

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home