Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Dinosaurs in New York City!!!



And I don't mean the fact we're all over 45...

I needed a few days off break, after producing those images in one hit for Roq La Rue, and taking a trip with friends is the best way to do this.

An adventure in New York City, at the American Museum of Natural History. Pictured is me with friends Lewis Morley and Maralyn Pride, of Australia. Lewis has worked on something like 16 movies, as a model maker, prop and make-up designer-his credits include Star Wars ep 2 and 3, The Matrix series, Dark City, Superman Returns, Crocodile Dundee 2, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, Razorback and many more. Maralyn is his partner and they have often worked on the same films together, and she's a renowned Dinosaur artist in Australia. The AMNH is really incredible to visit and you can't do all of it in just a few hours which is what we wound up having. This was compounded by the fact that it was SWARMING with kids/families as the schools are off. But the collection of prehistoric skeletons and, original Charles Knight paintings is worth all that!

Artists-I often have sketched skeletons and items in museums. It's the best way to learn about something as you never know when you'll need that memory for reference.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Eye Creature" reminds me of Kelly Freas' illustrations for "golden age" SF. I really like it! It has an affection or maybe humor, that is rarely seen in contemporary SF art.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks! I love this kind of stuff. Expect more of it. It also crosses me over into the Pop Surrealism movement that I'm looking at with alot of admiration, because I like what I see going on there. I have another eye monster idea as well.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home