Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Sunday, April 22, 2007

"Auntie Em! Uncle Henry! It's a Twister!"

The Tornado(oils, 6x8", SOLD!)As dangerous as a tornado can be, I'm completely fascinated by them. Just amazing displays of nature gone mad. They're fun to paint too. A long time ago, in 1985 I experienced a tornado myself. I had no idea what was happening but the sky was this weird green, and dark, and I saw things being lifted upward, the funnel passed overhead but it was on it's last seconds. Later I found it had taken the roof off a Burger King and done some other damage. This was a quick little painting, done with thin oil and it just seemed to come together fast. Very enjoyable to do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

Wow. You really captured the power of the tornado and the terrible darkness of the clouds. I was in one once, visiting my husband's relatives, in a trailer park in Oklahoma. Very scarry. Way worse than earthquakes.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Julie. There's a guy in the midwest who does paintings of tornadoes and gets alot of money for them, and he has the same thinking I do about them. I see them as forces of nature, kind of like Godzilla would be in the movies, just that was personified...

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home