Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Monday, March 19, 2007

Lunacon...painting live!!!

At Lunacon, Artist Guest Dave Seeley suggested artists doing live painting demos and he asked me to be in one on 2pm Saturday. Other particpants included Donato Giancola, Dan Dos Santos and Greg Manchess. Lunacon was the 50th gathering of the New York SF Society, and usually alot of fun. This year was impeded abit by a monster Nor'easter of snow and sleet. We got there late but better a day late than never!



Pictures-top down- Greg Manchess and Tor Books Art Director Irene Gallo and me. Middle-Donato Giancola(his own set up to the left) looks on adding the comment he liked the atmosphere I was painting. Bottom-Steve Hickman(right) and onlookers. This is the part I am scared I'll screw it up in front of everyone!

The Fortress Bridge(8x10 inches, oils $SOLD-see above)

But it all worked out. Here's the one-hour painting, I did out of my head. More on my classic landscape theme-lots of people liked it. I might post a better photo of this soon. It was great being around so many other terrific artists, and inspiring. Everyone inspired everyone else!

6 Comments:

Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

Oh, I love the land bridge. Nice effect.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks! Spur of the moment idea that worked out fine...it was kind of me trying to do my best in a "watched" scenario.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Tessa said...

Oh, I like this one! Ditto on the landbridge, it looks shaggy with undergrowth.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

I just kind of invented that as a compositional device that I had not used before...thanks for the kind words as always Tessa!

8:37 PM  
Blogger leslee said...

I don't know how you can work in front of anyone. That would make me crazy! I guess you just have to tune them out and concentrate on what you're doing?

1:03 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Leslee-the hardest thing is setting up, I can talk and work-answering questions and so on. I just make sure I have a direct conduit of thought to the painting. Then it works. In fact, I create with the right side of my brain and chat with my left.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home