Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Friday, February 02, 2007

A Study of Sarah...

Sarah Study(8x10, oil, $100)
I did this little gem in about a half hour, maybe 40 mins if you include me futzing with it. I had Lou Anders in mind for this-he wanted to see me do figures so this was the time. Sarah McG is a good friend and she has alot of costumes and really gets into this so she posed for me. I did it as a study for a larger personal work that you'll see some bits and pieces as I go along. I had such a good time painting Sarah, I'll do some more and even a portrait(I used to be a portrait artist can you believe?) in costume.
These are the kind of paintings that make me think "Yep, I'm doing something right".

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bob-san, this is very nice. I've never seen your portrait work.

Those sleeves look absolutely dimensional, and I love the tiny points of light hitting her fingers. It makes me wonder what she's reaching for...

Nice!

JOhn

1:01 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Man! Made my day to hear this! She WILL be reaching for a huge sea serpent with a kind of natural lumination light on his head-like deep sea fish. I love doing these kind of pieces. Just pure gesture, to me. And I did portraits back 30 years ago so this is kind of full circle. Expect a few more of this girl

1:08 AM  
Blogger Lou Anders said...

Ironically, Lou is here and can't see the picture!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home