Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Bob's Bonestell...

Chesley's Moon(8x10,oil SOLD!)
I sold this before it was even posted!! Anyway, some emails and nice comments have prompted me to take an "oil paint" look at Space Art done like painting-a-day, this is, a small size in a certain time limit. So I did my take on a classic Chesley Bonestell, but with my own touches. If only Titan looked this inviting. Instead it's hazy and covered in mud. But who is to say this isn't another ringed world in another solar system? Lots and lots of fun to do, and made me feel very nostalgic. Maybe I should do a bigger, longer one of this? What do you think?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no fair! I started going "ooooh..." before I saw the "sold" tag. Hmph.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Hey Elka. Don't worry. I think I may have to paint more of these!!

12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bigger longer painting of this subject? Bob, any of the one hour small paintings you've posted lately would stand up to the large treatment, because they're already so refined in color and composition.
Go for it!!

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bob, if ever you paint any more of these PLEASE let me know as I'll definatley buy one!!! I love space art and needless to say Bonestell has a huge influence on me, so I love this type of work. And yes, I think you should certainly paint some larger versions too!

Steve
www.screamingdreams.com

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home